Monday 18 February 2013

Thing 12

LinkedIn.  Five minutes was enough.  Another Thing that is just not going to happen in my world.  Sorry to all those who find it useful, and I would dearly love to know just how useful it has been for those on it.  Really and truly - please get in touch. But it does not rock my world and I can't help thinking it smacks of desperation.  I can fully understand small independent companies or free lance people using this for contacts - completely.  For them, it is a brilliant idea and necessary - I do see that.  But for those already employed in large corporations, the only message I am getting is "Look at me, I need another job.  Please give it to me because applying through the usual routes is not working."  I am sure this is unfair, but the purpose of this job is to reflect on our thoughts as we use these Things, and I am afraid that those are my thoughts.  I am happy in my job and do not feel the need to broadcast my status to the world, so will not be signing up.
My chocolate of choice here may appear strange as I do love Easter Eggs, but only those with yummy chocolates inside them, otherwise what is the point - it is just overpriced chocolate.  These are all hollow, enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment