Friday 8 February 2013

Thing 9

Browsers.....At this point I have to confess to being a very shallow person and that, like my choice of car, it all comes down to colour and appearance.  For years I was a fan of Netscape, despite the cruel jibes of my colleagues, and I continued with it until it fell over and died.  Why?  Because the logo was my favourite colour - a sort of eau-de-nil.  I was never a huge fan of Internet Explorer - a blue e - how boring is that?!  But then I was introduced to Mr Mozilla and the love affair started - the bold orange and swirly blue planet - you roped me in hook, line and sinker, despite the same cruel colleague (now left) who taunted me for my pronunciation every time I spoke his name.  I vowed never to desert Mozilla, but fate had a cruel trick up it's sleeve.  First it started with My View when it refused my log in.  It turns out that My View does not like Mozilla and refuses to play ball.  This happened with more and more applications - "Yes - I am afraid if you are using Mozilla we have had problems....." and in the end I turned to that blue e in desperation.  But I was not happy, oh no.  I now have a new love and he is called Google Chrome - that bright interesting swirling circle of fun.  Although I do occasionally get things that refuse to work on Chrome and have to go back with my tail between my legs to IE, which unfortunately does appear to be the most robust of them all, certainly for the things I want to do.  But that blue e has to go.  I choose my browser on its appearance first and secondly its ability to do the job.  As I said, I am very shallow. Even as I write this on Chrome, I am getting warnings that an error is occurring.  This would not happen on IE, darn it.

SF Chocolate Salon Sterling Confections web

1 comment:

  1. I like both Chrome & Firefox... can't stand IE. I think the problem you're experiencing with some resources is that those sites have been designed specifically for IE.

    It's not that Chrome & Firefox aren't good browsers (they are)... instead it's lazy programming: designing something to work on one particular browser rather than using standard HTML so that it works on any browser.

    I totally agree with your preferred choices of browser! :)

    ReplyDelete